Gout is excruciatingly painful and there are many who have gout that feel literally crippled because of it. Gout sufferers commonly have swollen feet and ankles and have extreme difficulty doing simple actions like walking or driving. High uric acid is the primary cause, building up as crystals in the joints and tendons. The pain may last for hours, and can occur at anytime of the day. These are a few proven gout treatments and remedies to cure gout pains:
- Lower uric acid levels. A doctor may prescribe sulfinpyrazone or probenecid as treatment mediction. To further reduce uric acid, drinking at least 2 quarts of water a day will help flush out the toxins.
- Diet. Avoid food items that are high in purine. Beverages such as alchohol and those that contain caffeine should be completely avoided. Drastically lessen your meat intake and do not take protein shake supplements.
- Massage. Help the blood flow around the area by massaging the area above the ankles going down. A heavy, circular motion or press point massage can help break down the uric acid crystals and may lessen the severity of the next attack.
- Exercise. Though it may seem difficult, when there is no pain, try to stretch and rotate the feet so that the joints and tendons will be forced to move. You can use your hands to move around the foot and gently make it do circular movements.
- Lower the inflammation. There are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which are colchicines, corticosteroids, indomethacin, and naproxen. Applying hot ginger compress can help make the inflammation go down, just make sure that there is no broken skin and the heat of the compress will not scald the patient.
- Foot detox pads. These pads are made from tree sap and will remove toxins from the body effortlessly and painlessly. These foot detox pads have an adhesive backing which are taken out and the pads are stuck to the sole of the feet. This should be done before sleeping to be stripped off the next day. You will see that the detox pad will no longer be white from the toxins it has seeped. Not all toxins can be taken out with one application and this process must be repeated until all the unwanted toxins are gone.