STD TEST Express uses Labcorp testing centers. The tests Labcorp offer are the same tests hospitals and doctors use. There are 1,800 Labcorp test centers nationwide that each have a small waiting room and a few clinic rooms. While there you do not have to get undressed and you will not be swabbed. The Labcorp test center technicians collect specimens for many kinds of test, so you never have to worry about someone knowing what you are there for.
- The STD testing is easy with a simple process
- Choose a test panel or individual tests.
- Complete your order online and go to your nearby Test Center for a urine or blood draw.
- Results will be ready and viewable online in three business days.
- Consult with a doctor on your own time by phone.
Private online testing is a great convenience, but must be authorized, counseled, and treated by board-certified physicians with clinical experience. You have the right to professional medical care, and that’s exactly what you experience will be with STD TEST Express.
- How does STD TEST Express keep my information confidential?
- Your STD lab tests and results will not appear on your permanent medical records without your explicit permission.
- Your lab tests and results will not appear in any insurance records.
- STD TEST Express will not sell or rent your personal data.
- STD TEST Express will keep credit card information safe never storing anything other than the last four digits and transferring all financial information using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL encryption). Many systems integrations use an HL-7 interface, the industry-standard for secure personal health information data transaction. All systems integrations occur over SSL.
- STD TEST Express will destroy all personal results data after 90 days.
- How does the phone consultation with a doctor work?
- When your results are ready, you’ll receive an email with login instructions.
If your test results are negative, you’ll be able to view your results immediately. If you test positive, a doctor will review them with you by phone, excluding Herpes 1 (HSV-1) tests.
- You can choose to have a physician call you back within three hours or make an appointment for a time that’s convenient for you. The doctor will explain your results, ask followup questions, and provide counsel on treatment and further testing, if necessary.
- The doctors are board-certified physicians, and are authorized to write prescriptions to treat certain STDs. The decision to write a prescription for medication is based on a variety of factors and is always at the sole discretion of the doctor.
- After your initial physician consultation, you’ll be able to send a follow-up email if you have additional questions. You’ll also be able to access Personal Health Manager, an online health management, for 30 days.
They offer a free doctor phone consultation for anyone who has a positive test result, excluding positive Herpes 1 (HSV-1) tests.
If your not sure what test are right for you, the fastest and easiest way to find out is to use Labcorp’s Test Recommender online. This short questionnaire is powered by the CDC, following their most recent guidelines for screening.