How to get rid of a stye can be done with these highly effective home treatments. Using these home care methods, any pain cause by the stye will be reduced and it will hasten the healing time.
When a person has a stye in the eye, it is very uncomfortable. This kind of eye infection is very visible and it is quite difficult to get rid of unless eye stye treatments are done. A stye can last for around 2 weeks and it is irritating and unpleasant to look at.
Many people who have a stye will resort to popping it in order to remove it. The disadvantages of getting rid of a stye by forcing out what it contains is not recommended due to the fact that it can lead to a bigger infection. A stye has bacteria and popping it might be the cause of the spread of the infection to the entire eye. If the stye is popped and the contents are squeezed out, there will be a wound and the eye area might get swollen.
Before doing any of these treatment methods, the infected eye area must be cleaned. To do this, use a mild soap and warm water to gently wash away any build up of crust that might have formed on the stye itself.
Eye Stye Treatments
These eye stye treatments make use of thing that are commonly found in a home. Using any or a combination of these home care methods to effectively get rid of a stye. Here are various eye stye treatments:
1. Warm compress. Soak a soft clean washcloth in warm water. Remove the washcloth, squeeze it lightly to remove excess water. Place on affected area for at least ten minutes. Do this 4 to 6 times a day to discharge the pus from the stye.
2. Tea bag. Dip a tea bag into warm water and apply onto the affected area. Tea contains tannic acid that will make the stye shrink, lessen the swelling, and reduce the irritation.
3. Guava leaves. 2 or 3 pieces of guava leaves that have been placed in warm water may be applied on the infected area. This will reduce the swelling, redness, and lessen the irriation. You may find guava leaves at health stores and specialty groceries.
4. Coriander seeds. Boil a cup of water for 5 minutes with a couple of tablespoons of these seeds to create a strong infusion. Allow to cool and strain out the seeds. Use this infusion to wash the infected area 3 to 5 times daily. These seeds can easily be obtained from the spice section of groceries.
5. Parsley. Place a handful of fresh parsley into a mixing bowl and pour in a cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Create a compress with a soft, clean washcloth and the cooled parsley water. Place this compress on the infected area for around 15 minutes to reduces the swelling.
6. Tea tree oil. A couple of drops of tea tree oil added to a bowl of hot water can be used to steam the face. Place your face over the hot water and cover with a towel so the steam won’t escape. This can be done for a few minutes around twice a day.
There are many reason why a person should get rid of a stye such as it being such as it being irritating, an impairment to clear vision, and obnoxious to look at. Use these home treatments to get rid of a stye the safe way instead of popping it.