Well there might not be a way to get rid of allergies completely 100%, however there are effective allergy treatments and cures abound, but if you or your loved one has allergies, you know that the main problem with taking medication like antihistamines is drowsiness. Many people prefer not to take medication and will greatly benefit by learning how to reduce their risk of getting allergies. Allergic rhinitis, also known as hay fever, is one of the most common allergic conditions that affect a multitude of people. Allergic rhinitis may be caused by pollen or dust, among other things, and it is highly possible that someone who had it once will experience a reoccurrence during the pollen season. Here is a list of things that you can do to get rid of allergies the natural way:
- Avoid exposure. If it is possible to remain indoors during the pollen season, do so. Close all windows and open the air conditioner, which can act like a pollen filter. While in a vehicle, close the windows.
- Clean. Dust and other small particles can cause allergies and getting rid of the cause from sources like dusty furniture, curtains, and floors by cleaning will help reduce the chances of getting allergies. If the person that will be doing the cleaning is the one who is susceptible to allergies, wearing protective clothing and a mask may help prevent an allergic reaction. Try using a dust cleaner or an ionic air purifier
- Pollen barriers. There are certain creams and balms that may be placed on lower part and base of the nostrils that will trap some of the pollen as the person breathes in. This method may seem a bit odd, but it is drug-free and is slightly effective. It will help prevent some of pollen from entering the nose, but not all of the small particles that can cause allergies.
- Steam. Some people find that steam can help relieve the clogged nose that typically occurs when a person has allergies. As the steam enters the nose, the water from the steam helps clean it and may help to make breathing easier. Be careful of using this process, especially on young children, as steam is hot and there is a possibility to get burned from the source of the stem.
- Rinse. Rinsing the nostrils to clean it and to provide relief is an ancient yogic practice. The old way that it was done was to use a pot, which looks similar to a tea pot, to pour water into the nose, which is a cumbersome and primitive process. Another way to rinse the nose is to cup water in your hand, breathe it into one nostril and snort it out.
To help cure allergies the natural way, an advanced sinus irrigation system was developed. It is easy to operate and can be used in the privacy of the home. This nasal irrigator cleans the nose to remove the small particle and provide relief by sending up the nostrils a fine mist. Steam is also a fine mist of water but it cannot be applied directly. Placing water directly up the nose may be disliked by many children. Using the advance sinus irrigation system makes it possible for the nasal passages to be rinsed in a sanitary, highly efficient and comfortable way.