What are stretch marks and how do you get them?
Stretch marks are formed when skin is stretched and the skin fibers in the middle layers of skin, the Dermis are damaged or broken. Stretch marks are most commonly formed when body building, during pregnancy, weight gain, and during puberty and are mostly found on stomach, breast area, arms, legs, and buttocks. At first stretch marks will be a purplish – whitish color that eventual fades to pale white over time. You can get rid of the appearance of stretch marks but it is easier to prevent them before they form.
How to Hide and Prevent Stretch Marks
Stretch marks appear when the skin isn’t elastic enough to stretch any further, It is better to try to prevent your skin from becoming over stretched, The best way for you to increase your skins elasticity is to use stretch mark lotions or creams. Utilizing lotions containing cocoa butter are most commonly found to prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Using any lotion or oils with help with your skins flexibility, Reducing or preventing stretch marks. If you are pregnant, You will want to make sure you consult your doctor about the ingredients in any lotions before you use them to make sure that they won’t harm your pregnancy. Taking vitamins C, A, and E regularly promotes healthier skin and more collagen growth that helps prevent stretch marks from forming. The simpiliest way for great skin is to always stay hydrated, Simply put your skin needs water and moister for it to stretch and stay healthy, No wonder why doctors recommend at least 8 cups of water a day.
How to Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
There are many different methods of getting rid of stretch marks. Simply ways include
- Stay Hydrated – Always drink plenty of water
- Exfoliat Daily – Use a loofah or a scrunchy scrub in baths or showers daily
- Hot Baths Massages – Increasing your circulation by taking a hot bath and massaging area
- Tanning – Sun tanning can even get rid of small stretch marks
Buying over the counter stretch mark remedies is the more common methods. There are hundreds of different stretch mark removers from creams to pills that prevent and eliminate the appearance of stretch marks like Celtrixa, Dermalogy, and TriLASTIN are just a few of most popular. All these products usually have the same natural ingredient proven to reduce stretch marks. The most common ingredients are:
- Acai Berry
- Cocoa butter
- Emu oil
- Rose hip oil
- Jojoba oil
- Shea butter
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
Retin-A (Tretinoin) is known to drastically reduce the appearance of stretch marks in many different scientific studies. You will need a prescription for Retin-A but you can just ask your doctor for one, Pregnant women should not use Retin-A because it can be passed on to unborn babies or passed on through breast milk.
Stretch Mark Removal Medical Procedures
- Cosmetic Surgery – a common cosmetic procedure people will do are tummy tucks. A tummy tuck removes some skin below the belly button removing abdominal stretch marks in the process. There are other cosmetic procedures that people have to remove stretch marks depending on the affected areas.
- Microdermabrasion – is a popular procedures performed in spa and salons using chemicals or other devices to remove the top layer of skin.
- Laser Therapy – laser therapy utilizes several different techquies to get rid or hide the apperance of stretch marks. This is usually a costly procedure and is recommended to see your dermatologist for more information.
- Endermologie – Endermologie is the use of machines to massage your skin and muscles to increase your blood circulation and to get rid of harmful toxins in your body.