If you get to reduce cholesterol levels, you will be able to lower your risk of getting heart attacks and a number of other similar health concerns. It is a struggle for many people to lower their cholesterol levels but it is possible to do so by using a number of proven ways. If you have a high cholesterol problem, you can try using these tips to effectively reduce cholesterol:
1. Get a check up. You will not know if your cholesterol level is high unless you have a test done. Take the time to visit a doctor and find out what your health condition is by having a general check up. There are many instances that high cholesterol levels are an indication of a health concern and the earlier such things are detected, the better your chances are of curing the problem.
2. Listen to good advice. There are a lot of people who just won’t choose the healthier option. Most of these people suffer in the long run because they did not heed medical advice and did not take the proper medication or do the recommended steps. Ignoring or contradicting the advice of a licensed physician will place your health in jeopardy.
3. Regular exercise. Integrating an exercise program into your daily life is important and can give a number of health benefits. Walking 30 minutes a day is a proven way to reduce the risk of getting heart attacks and reducing cholesterol levels. A large percentage of people who have high cholesterol levels do not exercise at all.
4. Proper diet. If you eat food items that are high in saturated fats, it will end up clogging your arteries. To lower cholesterol levels, these items have to be avoided completely. Choose to consume food high in omega-3 fatty instead like tuna and salmon and add more fruit and vegetables to your diet.
5. Load up on fiber. Oat products are high in fiber and a standard staple in cholesterol lowering diets. Consuming oat bran or oat meal every day has proven to lower cholesterol levels within a two-week period. There are other fiber rich food items that you can take like coniferous vegetables such as cabbage that will help give you the roughage your digestive system needs.
6. Take green tea. There are a lot of health studies that have shown that drinking green tea to be an effective way of reducing cholesterol level. Aside from the amino acids that it contains, it is also an effective way of detoxifying your body. You may drink this refreshing beverage either hot or cold.
7. Take medication. Seek the advice of a licensed physician about what kind of medicine you can take to lower cholesterol levels. After you buy them, faithfully adhere to the recommended intake. If you miss out on taking these kind of medication for a few days, you will lengthen the time it will take for it to work.
As the saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” If you are worried about high cholesterol levels, by following these tips you will be able to reduce cholesterol and live a healthier life.