If you or your partner has a snoring problem, you are not alone. The National Sleep Foundation has reported the snoring affects over 90 million adult Americans, and at least 37 million snore on a regular basis. Many people are not aware that there are highly-effective ways to prevent snoring.
To prevent snoring, you need to be aware of what causes it. According to WebMd, “Snoring is caused by ‘upper airway turbulence’ that leads to vibrations of the soft palate and the uvula, which is that little flap that hangs down at the back of the throat.” When the airways of a person get obstructed it causes the vibration of the throat while breathing, and this will create the snoring sound. Some of the other factors that contribute to snoring are poor muscle tone in the tongue and throat area, bulky throat tissue, and a long soft palate or uvula.
To prevent snoring, you can do a few simple things, such as:
- Keep your sleeping environment clean and dust-free.
- Sleep on your right side to allow the air to flow in with this yogic resting position.
- Get rid of mites, keep pets out of the bedroom and regularly change bedsheets.
- Don’t use sedatives and try to use natural sleeping aids.
- Avoid taking antihistamines before bedtime.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages at least 3 hours before sleeping.
- Stop the ill effects of dry air in the bedroom by using a humidifier.
- Prop your head up with the right kind of pillow.
To prevent the airways from being obstructed, there is a correct alignment angle for the head and spine. With a double pillow especially made to give the head and neck the support it needs, snoring can be prevented as the air passages are clear and there will be no vibration in the throat area. The SnoreEzzz pillow is FDA approved as a sleeping aid and can effectively prevent snoring. If you want to prevent snoring, have better quality sleep, and make your bed more conducive for sleeping, use a special pillow.